A virtual platform for taking advantage of the seniors’ knowledge.
Project ELDERS-UP!: Adaptive system for enabling the elderly collaborative knowledge transference to small companies.
The main idea behind the Elders-Up! project is to bring the valuable experience of elderly and apply it to start-ups and small companies, using intergenerational knowledge transfer to address skills and competencies based on experience.
Across the whole of Europe, elderly people are sometimes set apart in some situations because they are considered less efficient and productive, for example, in the work environment. For many elderly people, their jobs represent the way of feeling useful for themselves and the society and for having goals which keeps them motivated. Many describe their working life as adding purpose or even as part of an equation for adding years to life.
Although our current societies are led by productivity and efficiency both in professional and personal scenarios it is information that is as the key and those that possess the skill to manage information to their own advantage, as a tool to help deal with pressure, stress and increasing demands. Those that do not possess the skills to manipulate and exploit information to their advantage feel isolated, left behind and often drowning in a sea of information that they cannot yet manage. Too often people complain that they have too much information and that they feel bombarded with information that they cannot use.
To overcome all of these problems it is under development Elders-Up!, an innovative ICT-based eco-system that enables people to contribute to society and share their expertise for those people who suffer from age-related cognitive limitations.
Our main tasks
- Development of the project application for computers (HTML5) and mobile devices (Android).
- Design of the system concept and the architecture design based on user requirements.
- Collaboration on the development of the different software services: Skill Matching Service, Sensor Data Collector, Adaptation Decision-Maker and Collaborative and Adaptative Workspace.
- System integration, prototype development and pilot design and deployment.
- Knowledge dissemination to the international R&D community.
AGIA MARINA | CLEVERCHERRY | CONNECTEDCARE | GEOIMAING | IDENER.AI | ISOIN | STOCKPORT CITY COUNCIL | TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CLUJ-NAPOCA
Start date – finish date
07 / 2014 - 12 / 2016
This project has received funding from the European Union